By Skip La Cour, 60 years old
Text me at 925-352-4366
Get Even More Tips Here
Can you handle the truth?
Most older men can’t.
No matter what they say, they can’t.
And, because they can’t, the information you need to hear never gets told.
It goes against the grain.
It gets too much resistance from untrained minds.
So, why bother?
These are just a few of the things that elite, experienced men who workout and look great (and have for a long time) want to tell you, but they know you just won’t understand.
They know that you are getting the majority of your instruction from undertrained minds. You’re getting your information from people who worry too much about what other people think. They worry about what the “internet trolls” and inexperienced, less knowledgeable fitness experts will say about them.
If you want to get to the next level . . . I mean you REALLY want to get to the next level . . . you need to know what I’ve posted down below.
I’VE GOT MUCH, MUCH MORE FOR YOU. BUT LET’S SEE HOW YOU DO WITH THESE ONES FIRST.
1. If you are counting your macros, you’re counting your calories too. You’re just stopping one step short in the arithmetic. If you don’t like the way you look in the mirror, it isn’t because your “macro ratio” isn’t perfect. There’s no magic in the “perfect” macro ratio. Look elsewhere for what’s stopping you from having the body you want. That’s not it.
2. There are no “super foods” that will cause you to be fat or lean all by themselves. It’s going to come down to calories more than the quality of food to lose the fat. Eating in a “healthy” manner isn’t always directly tied to being lean and muscular. Should you be eating healthy foods AND look fit? I think so. But you can get lean eating foods that aren’t all that good for you.
3. All the reps in the world (12 to 15 per set) aren’t going to get you lean. Abs, arms, man boobs . . . not anywhere on your body. And, if you aren’t OVERLOADING the muscle underneath your body fat, you aren’t progressing and improving their look either. So, forget about the 50 leg raises and the 100 situps for better looking abs. They feel good after doing them, but they’re inefficient. You must overload the targeted muscle group with weight . . . or create that overload with a tremendous amount of efficiency waiting for that 50th or 100th rep to finally get to overload.
4. Strict form isn’t nearly as important as most men think. Your form isn’t the reason why you look the way you do in the mirror whether you like what you see or you don’t. (See #5, #7, #8, and especially #10.) Look elsewhere.
5. Heavy weight doesn’t get you hurt. Using weight that is TOO HEAVY FOR YOU is what can get you hurt. No one tells you how much weight to use. Any weight you use should be “heavy” by the end of your set if you’re doing it right.
6. You’re not going to gain 10 pounds of rock-solid muscle this year at this age. The chances are great that no man who is drug-free, training over 5 years, and at any age will gain 10 pounds of rock-solid muscle this year. He may go up 10 pounds on the scale, but very little of it will be rock-solid muscle. That’s just not how it works. That doesn’t mean you can’t look GREAT at this age! OF COURSE, YOU CAN! It just isn’t going to happen the way you might be thinking right now.
7. There’s no such thing as “confusing the muscle” and, whatever that means, that isn’t the reason why you don’t look as good as you want in the mirror. Look elsewhere. Pushing the muscle past what it is used to through progressive overload makes sure the body doesn’t adapt to what you’re doing. So, you don’t need to mix up your training routine nearly as often as what you might think.
8. You know how they say “How you look is 80% nutrition and only 20% training”? You’re being lied to. Nutrition is far more important than just 80% of the equation.
9. If you don’t know how many calories you are eating, you probably won’t ever figure out how to lose the last 10 or 15 pounds of stubborn body fat.
10. Training details aren’t nearly as important as most men think.
Skip La Cour
Text me your questions to 925-352-4366
Learn more about me here.
P.S.DO YOU WANT TO STOP WASTING SO MUCH TIME AND EFFORT? Text or call me today about getting one-on-one coaching time with me at 925-352-4366.
At this age, how much more time do you have to waste trying to figure this out?